We are on the lookout for a new Chair of the Board to continue to lead PCH and build on the great things we’ve achieved over the last seven years.
We are currently recruiting to the position of Chair as Elaine Pellow steps down later this year after completing her maximum term of office.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who is committed to our core values of being a leading, growing, independent housing association with a clear social purpose, providing homes and services that people want and can afford.
Elaine said: “As an organisation with people at our heart we are looking for a Chair who can help us make a real difference to people’s lives and be a great ambassador for PCH and the people that live in our homes.”
We are working with independent consultants Altair to ensure we have a robust recruitment process to select the right person. The closing date for applications is 21 April and we will announce the new Chair later in the year.
As we look forward to the next five years our priorities are to maintain and increase our housing stock; build on our financial strength; improve the quality and efficiency of the services we provide to ensure we have resources available to invest in new homes and services for the people of Plymouth.
The role of the Chair is to ensure that we continue to fulfil our mission and purpose, meet our responsibilities and to work with the Executive Management Team to ensure we maximise output, quality of service and value for money.
The required commitment:
- The Board currently meet six to eight times a year.
- The Chair will be required to be a member of one of our other committees within our Governance structure which will meet between four and six times a year.
- There are four Board briefings and two strategic away days a year.
- The maximum term of appointment is six years, with the requirement for re-election after the initial three years.
- The Chair will undertake a full induction programme, Learning and Development sessions.
- Sufficient time will also need to be set aside to prepare for meetings and carry out other duties.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the position, please contact our retained advisors at Altair Ltd:
Anna Hammond, Director at Altair Ltd on 07909 445 616, office: 020 7934 0175 or email: email@example.com