Home contents insurance may be the last thing on your mind, especially when there are so many other outgoings.

However, have you ever thought what would happen if you had a burglary? How would you replace your precious possessions?

Or what if you had a fire or flood in your house or flat? Could you afford to replace the contents out of your own pocket?

Did you know that you need to have insurance for your personal belongings? As your landlord we insure your home against damage but you need to have your own insurance to cover you in case of theft, fire, flood or other damage to your belongings.

There are a lot of insurance policies to choose from but you may like to opt to take out the National Housing Federation’s My Home Insurance.

The My Home policy is offered to all tenants and leaseholders and includes:

• Affordable premiums

• No excess to pay

• Flexible regular ‘pay as you go’ payment options including fortnightly or monthly cash, monthly direct debit or annually

• Realistic minimum sums insured

• Quick and easy-to-apply-for cover using a simple application form

• Cover for extended accidental damage, personal possessions, hearing aids, wheelchairs/mobility scooters and buildings cover for garages, huts or sheds is also available for an additional premium

You can download the insurance application form above and also read about costs.

To find out more about insurance call 0808 230 6500 or 01752 237990.