How will the new benefit changes affect me?
You may have heard that changes are taking place from this April to benefits paid to people on low incomes by the government.
These are three main changes you should know about:
Where do I go for more information?
We understand that these changes to benefits may seem confusing and worrying to you so we want to help as much as possible. All of these changes are as a result of Government policy and are out of the hands of Plymouth Community Homes. Remember though that we are here to help!
If you have any questions, please call your local housing office or our city centre shop in Frankfort Gate (01752 389778) and ask to speak to a member of the Incomes Team.
Remember, we’re here to help.
There are some other useful websites and phone numbers below:
- Housing Benefit advice (Plymouth City Council) 01752 304889
- Council Tax advice (Plymouth City Council): 01752 304924
- Citizens Advice Bureau: 03444 111 444
- Government’s self-help website
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Benefits and grant information and benefits calculator
- Advice on all housing matters, debt and benefits – 0808 800 4000 (freephone)
- Home swapping
- National Debtline – 0800 808 4000 (freephone)
- Independent budgeting, savings and debt advice