16 days of action – where can you turn for help?
As we continue with our campaign pledging 16 days of action around domestic abuse, its important to know where you can turn to for help both locally and nationally.
At PCH we will take all reports of domestic abuse seriously and we have made the pledge to our residents that we will:
- Never tell anyone any personal information without your permission
- Offer support and advice
- Offer same gender or safe place interviews
- Discuss organisations that provide long term support if you require it
- Be sensitive and understanding while discussing your housing options
- React quickly and effectively to make sure you are safe
- Take relevant action against those who are responsible for domestic abuse using the conditions of our tenancy agreement
- Give you advice and help with your tenancy and other issues
- Provide additional security measures to your property if you need them or it is appropriate to do so
If you need to be rehoused away from the person who is abusing you, we can give you housing advice and discuss other accommodation. If you are homeless or worried that you may become homeless due to domestic abuse you can get urgent advice and help from the housing department of the local Council who will assess your situation and let you know how to help and what your rights are.
We will never inform the person responsible that we have spoken to you. As your safety is our main concern we will also not take any action against the person without speaking to you first.
Local help and support can be found here:
- Plymouth Domestic Abuse Services - 0800 458 2558
- First Light (for sexual assaults)- 0300 777 4777
- SARC - The Plymouth SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre)- 0300 3034626
- Devon's domestic abuse helpline- 0345 155 1074
- Rape crisis helpline- 0808 802 9999
National help and support can be found here:
- The National Domestic Violence Helpline- 0808 2000 247
- Women’s Aid- 0808 2000 247
- National LGBT Domestic Violence Helpline- 0800 999 5428
- Men's Advice Line - 0808 801 0327
- Victim Support - 0808 168 9111.
In an emergency always call 999