Coronavirus update - Friday 11 June
We’re expecting an announcement from the government next week about whether proposed plans for the easing of lockdown can go ahead from 21 June.
The latest government guidance is available here.
Sheltered housing communal areas
Lounges in sheltered housing schemes are starting to open to residents this week in a Covid-friendly way.
All residents will be receiving letters to let them know when they will be opening alongside guidance on how to stay safe. Communal kitchens and guest rooms will remain closed for the time being.
Complete our survey for a chance to win
We are striving to make improvements to the standard of products and furnishings that we provide in our new build homes. We want to hear more about what is most important to you so we can offer the best standards possible, while still achieving value for money.
We would be grateful if you would take the time to complete the survey below to give us your views. All completed surveys from PCH residents will be entered into a draw for the chance to win a £75 Love2shop or supermarket voucher of your choice.
Fill out the survey here.
Feedback deadline is Sunday 13 June at 11pm. This survey is open to PCH residents only.
If you have any problems or questions about the survey or project, contact the Communities Team on 0808 230 6500 or email email@example.com.
Vaccine volunteers required
Would you like to help with the Covid-19 vaccine rollout at Home Park? Organisers are looking for volunteer stewards to help direct people. The minimum age is now 16. This could be a great experience for young people to put on their CV.
There are more details here.
Win a VIP sailing experience this summer
We’re offering residents the chance to win a VIP experience at the Great Britain Sail Grand Prix in Plymouth this summer.
The competition, being run in partnership with Plymouth City Council and Plymouth Citybus, offers seven lucky winners the chance to win a premium waterfront viewing experience and free bus travel to watch the Great Britain Sail Grand Prix on Saturday 17 July.
To enter, draw, paint or make your own poster for SailGP and submit a photo of it by 30 June by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posters should be created in portrait, ideally A4 size.
Winning posters will be printed and shown on board a selected Plymouth Citybus bus, so please take care of the original poster creations until winners are announced!
Here’s a reminder of the PCH services which resumed last month:
- Events with residents in communities of up to 30 people can take place on PCH land where space allows
- Any routine in-person home visits can take place
- Rule of six indoor events – this does not include the member of staff
- Face to face individual meetings, where social distancing allows
- Resident-led events in PCH buildings
- Community rooms will be open
The Beacon in North Prospect:
- Indoor meetings
- Indoor exercise classes
- The Beacon Cafe open indoors
- Conference rooms open
- Slimming World
There will also be a limited presence in reception at our Plumer House headquarters, which will be open on a limited basis, by appointment only, for:
- Face to face/in person interviews (for PCH vacancies)
- Interviews with vulnerable tenants
The City Centre Shop is open by appointment only. Please do not turn up at the shop.
- Routine Housing with Support welfare and support checks will be over the phone or virtual. Officers will start undertaking some non-essential tasks on site over the next few weeks.
- Lounges starting to open in Covid-friendly way to residents.
- Communal kitchens and guest rooms remain closed.
- Gardens are open to residents.
- We can now hold face-to-face viewings of empty homes by prospective tenants where virtual viewings can’t take place.
If you are due to be visited by a member of our staff, please remember the following:
- We ask our staff to observe two-metre social distancing with residents where possible.
- We ask our staff to wear a suitable face covering when entering a resident's home.
- We ask residents to wear a face covering as an extra safety precaution. We can provide one if necessary.
- When a repair is being carried out at your home please move to a different room and allow our operatives to complete the repair.
- We would ask that residents continue to inform us if they are experiencing Covid symptoms before a member of our staff visits their home.
- Please inform us if you have received a positive Covid test.
- Safety checks in residents’ homes and buildings are taking place.
Work on our estates and site visits
- Flytipping removal and clearance will continue.
- Outdoor environmental services will continue.
- Stairwell cleaning will continue.
- Laundries will remain open with social distancing in place.
- Outdoor playgrounds remain open.
Rent and payment changes
We’re committed to making sure that we can help you so it’s important to contact us as soon as possible if you have any money worries. We’d like to reassure our residents that we will not evict anyone due to a loss of income as a result of Coronavirus. Call us on 0808 230 6500.
We’re still here to help – ways to contact us
- The easiest way to manage your tenancy from a distance is by using MyPCH.
- Webchat is live every week day on our website from 10am until 4pm.
- You can fill out a contact form.
- You can call us on 0808 230 6500.
- Or stay up to date with service announcements and other PCH news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Other places to turn to for help
We’re working with police teams on reports of anti-social behaviour which you can report to us on 0808 230 6500 or 0800 028 7377 (out of hours).
If things are getting too much, don’t suffer in silence. You can contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0808 200 0247 or the Plymouth Domestic Abuse Service on 0800 458 2558. There’s also information here.
Thank you for your continued support and patience, and stay safe.