Do you have what it takes to be a Board Member?
We’re looking for a resident with the right skills and experience to become a PCH Board Member and really make a difference for the people who live in our homes.
The PCH Board focusses on providing good quality homes and services that our residents want and can afford. We’re looking for someone to help us grow our business – we want to keep our customers at our heart and become more commercial so that we can develop more homes for the people who need them.
Our Board Members have a range of different skills and come from varying backgrounds – we want a team player who can lead by example who is open to learning as we will provide a full programme of training and support.
Elaine Pellow, Board Member said: “I can’t really describe how it feels being a part of something like PCH. It doesn’t seem like an organisation, it’s like a living, breathing presence and that’s down to the staff and the Board who really care about the people of Plymouth and believe in what they do. Every single person in PCH adds real value – and that’s what sets us apart.”
If you’re interested in finding out more, we will be holding a question and answer sessions with our current tenant Board Members as well as a series of information sessions so you can find out more about the role.
We want a tenant to join our Board who:
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to social housing and the development of thriving communities
- Has the ability to work effectively as a team and with other Board Members
- Is committed to excellent customer service and the involvement of residents at all levels of the business
- Has some knowledge and understanding of the social housing sector and the legal/regulatory environment in which PCH operates
- Where possible has knowledge or skills in an area that would benefit the Board – this could include finance and business, housing development, housing management, asset management or legal work
To find out more then please email Leanne Eastwood, Governance Officer or call on 0808 230 6500.
The closing date for applications is 14 May 2018.