Do you have what it takes to be a Board Member?
We’re looking for a resident with the right skills and experience to become a PCH Board Member and really make a difference for the people who live in our homes.
We focus on providing good quality homes and services that our residents want and can afford. We’re looking for someone to help us grow our business – we want to keep our customers at our heart and become more commercial so that we can develop more homes for the people who need them.
We’re particularly keen to involve our tenants and local people in the governance of the organisation as Board Members. Your motivation, willingness to learn and participate is as important as the skills and experience you bring.
We have a strong commitment to equal opportunities which includes representing the diverse views and needs of all of our communities. We are keen to encourage applications from underrepresented groups to our Board; this includes if you are a young person, are from a BME background or have a disability. We are committed to providing our Board members with support and access to opportunities to develop important skills and experience so please do not hesitate to apply!"
Elaine Pellow, Board Member said: “I can’t really describe how it feels being a part of something like PCH. It doesn’t seem like an organisation, it’s like a living, breathing presence and that’s down to the staff and the Board who really care about the people of Plymouth and believe in what they do. Every single person in PCH adds real value – and that’s what sets us apart.”
We want a tenant to join our Board who:
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to social housing and the development of thriving communities
- Has the ability to work effectively as a team and with other Board Members
- Is committed to excellent customer service and the involvement of residents at all levels of the business
- Has some knowledge and understanding of the social housing sector and the legal/regulatory environment in which PCH operates
- Where possible has knowledge or skills in an area that would benefit the Board – this could include finance and business, housing development, housing management, asset management or legal work
To find out more then please contact Governance Officer Leanne Eastwood on 0808 230 6500 or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 14 May 2018.