Happy New Year: a look back and a look forward
2020 – What a year it’s been - the things we’ve seen, and the amount of times we’ve had to clean!
Stuck at home trying to stay lean, while we watched the Government intervene, as they dealt with everything unforeseen and cancelled things like Halloween!
Now we can be as grateful as we’ve ever been, as we start to get back to normal - thanks to the vaccine.
So now that last year is all done – we can start to look forward to 2021…
We want to let you know some of the great work our staff have been carrying out across the city in 2020, as together we faced one of the most difficult years we’ve ever had.
No-one knew that in March the Government would be telling us to send our office staff to work from home and only carry out emergency repairs in people’s homes.
But despite the difficulty felt out there by many, you helped us be part of a Plymouth which pulled together to keep infection rates low, so let’s have a look at some of the other stats we recorded this year:
- We built 146 homes
- We demolished the final homes in the last stage of regeneration in North Prospect where we will be adding a further 125 new homes
- We built our first homes outside of Plymouth – in Liskeard
- The pandemic saw 1,195 new people move onto Universal Credit in our homes and we contacted each of them to help and support them
- Since the end of lockdown in August we have let eight of our shops – helping new businesses in the city
- We have continued to carry out virtual training and online courses for our residents on a whole host of different subjects!
- 95% of our sheltered housing residents told us they feel very or fairly safe
- And we still managed to complete 35,692 repairs on your homes
So what about 2021?
At the beginning of this year we will be looking to bring you our new and improved business plan – so keep an eye for that!
We will be looking at Government advice in the first few months of the year and how that affects the services we offer.
We will continue to provide great services to you, to work with partners across the city to offer people help and support, to build new homes and encourage thriving communities.
And we couldn’t do it without you.
Happy New Year.