Hunt on for new housing sites as developments progress
We’re starting the new year off as we mean to go on – by getting on with building much-needed affordable housing.
Our developments in Plymouth and beyond are continuing at a pace and we’re acquiring new sites all the time – and looking for more.
Demolition is fully underway at Phase 5 of North Prospect and we’ve submitted planning permission for Phase 4. The final homes at Phase 3 (Southern Gate) will be finished this summer.
Southern Gate, consisting of 159 homes, includes 47 for open market sale through Kier Living.
We’ll also soon be seeing the completion of Brentor View, our 95-home development at the former Southway Primary site. The final 35 homes will be handed over to us in March.
The first timber frames should be coming out of the ground at Aberdeen Avenue, Manadon, where we’ve got 20 homes available at The Quarters development – 12 for affordable rent and eight for shared ownership sale through SO Living. This scheme is being delivered by Burrington Homes.
What else is happening?
- Our first development outside of Plymouth – Briar Tor in Yelverton – is being delivered by Classic Builders and is due to complete next month. There will be 11 homes for affordable rent for people from surrounding parishes.
- The first handovers at Trevethan Meadows, in Liskeard, where we’re purchasing 39 homes from Persimmon, are due to take place later this month.
- We’ve secured 39 homes at Barratt Homes’ Butcher’s Park development in Tavistock.
- Works have begun at Churchtown Farm in Saltash to make way for five new homes we’re purchasing.
- Planning has been submitted by the developer at Venn Farm, Brixton, where we have secured nine affordable properties – three for rent and six for shared ownership sale.
Craig Francis, PCH Development Manager (New Business), said: “It’s only January but 2019 is shaping up to be a busy year for us already. We have a number of developments in the pipeline.
“We’re always looking for new land so if you’re a land owner, developer or agent looking to sell land within 30 minutes’ travelling time of Plymouth, we’d like to talk to you.”
You can contact Craig Francis or Bob Fish on 0808 230 6500.
Image shows ground slabs being laid at Aberdeen Avenue, Manadon