Men's Shed celebrates first year
Members of our Janner Men’s Shed have been saying thank you to the contractors who have helped make their first year a success.
The Men’s Shed is a larger version of the typical man’s shed in the garden – a place where he feels at home and pursues practical interests.
We have been supporting the project since it was set up a year ago in Leigham.
Members share tools and resources to work on projects and socialise in a safe, friendly and inclusive venue.
Over the last 12 months, they’ve been making wooden products such as bird boxes, bird tables, planters, stools and rustic mirror frames that they can sell at Craft Fairs. They are now learning how to use a lathe with the Plymouth Wood Turners.
Here are a few PCH contractors who have been helping the Men’s Shed with their work:
- Mitie supplied free paint
- The Bell Group provided members with new tools and equipment and has offered free training
- L&J Electrical Services did a five-year electrical test on the venue and tested all electrical tools
- Blue Gas have helped with gas repairs at the venue
- Hallwell Projects Ltd supplied a shipping container for storing wood
- Fire Sec have supplied replacement fire extinguishers
- East Cornwall Trading provided a new cable drum extension lead
- Bailey Partnership gave a cash donation
- SSG Training offered to provide free and tailored Health and Safety training to members
Erik Nystrom, Janner Men’s Shed Chair, said: “We’re so grateful to everyone who has helped us and PCH Contractors have been especially generous. We started with nothing and with the help of others we have now built up the Shed into a viable entity. Contractors helped us with tools and materials and also helped to do up the venue. They’ve been great.”
If you’d like more information about the Shed please contact Ryan Huws on 01752 388361.