Privacy Notice CCTV and Door / Barrier Access Controls at: Plumer House Prince Rock Depot Brest Road Stores
CCTV and Door / Barrier Access Controls at:
Prince Rock Depot
Brest Road Stores
Effective from 25th May 2018
At Plymouth Community Homes (PCH) we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and that data is used in accordance with the data protection legislation in force in England and Wales.
This privacy notice sets out why we collect personal information from you, how we use it and who we may share it with. It also explains your individual rights under the current data protection legislation.
If we ask you to provide information which can identify you, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this notice by updating it on our website. You should check the notice from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any queries regarding this notice and our privacy practices can be sent to the company Data Protection Officer by email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Head of Governance, who is also the Data Protection Officer at -
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively you can telephone us on 0808 230 6500
Who we are
Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a registered housing provider. Our registration number is 30637R. Our registered office is Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill Plymouth, PL6 5DH
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a Data Controller
Why we collect information
We process CCTV video footage and access control data without your consent in pursuit of our legitimate interests to provide building security, information security and protect the general interests and well-being of our building users. Further information about how we have balanced our legitimate interests and yours is available on request at email@example.com
CCTV and access controls have also been installed in the Gym at Plumer House as part of our insurance and security requirements. For more information about the data we collect in relation to Gym usage, please see the separate Privacy notice for Gym users. This can be found on our website. Alternatively, you can request a copy by telephoning the Facilities Team on 01752 388388.
What information we collect about you
We collect video images.
We collect real time information about your movements through areas that have the access control system installed.
How we collect your information
Plymouth Community Homes monitors the area surrounding Plumer House and some communal areas within Plumer House by the use of CCTV cameras.
Plymouth Community Homes has also installed an access control system on doors within Plumer House and the barrier to the car park.
What we do with it
- We monitor areas of Plumer House, Brest Road and Prince Rock depot using CCTV for the purpose of building and information security, for identifying accidents and incidents and to assist in managing any emergency situations. The presence of CCTV may also help prevent crime. We will use the footage to investigate any alleged crime or incident.
- We may also use records of CCTV video footage and access control data to track staff movements.
- We use access control data to monitor building user movements for security reasons.
For more information about what we may do with staff data please see the staff privacy notice.
How long we keep your information
We will retain CCTV video footage for no more than 10 weeks unless the footage is being used to investigate an alleged crime or incident in which case it may be retained for up to 2 years following the conclusion of any investigation.
We will retain Access Control data for 42 months.
We will securely dispose of all information.
Sharing your information
We employ K9 Mobile Security Ltd to provide the CCTV monitoring services, access control system and security patrols on our behalf at Plumer House and therefore will share data with them.
Plumer House and Prince Rock depot is a multi-tenanted /occupied premise and we may share data with other building users, if requested to do so and that request is compatible with the purpose for which the data is collected.
In addition, we may share your data where we are legally obliged or able to do so, for example:
- to comply with the law (e.g. police, health authorities etc.)
- to seek legal advice or in connection with court proceedings or other statutory action
- where there is a clear health and safety risk
- child protection and safeguarding issues
- where there is a clear risk to building users
- for the detection and prevention of crime, prosecution of offenders and for the detection and prevention of fraud
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process. The images are not processed outside of the UK.
Your Rights in relation to your personal data
In certain circumstances, Data Protection legislation gives you a number of individual rights in relation to your personal data. These are as follows:
- The Right to be Informed about how your data is managed – this right is met by this privacy notice and a range of other notices which relate to specific aspects of PCH, such as the CCTV privacy notice and the website privacy notice.
- The Right of Access to your personal information – so that you can be aware of and verify what personal data we hold. Click here for details on how to apply for this right
- The Right of Rectification - to have any personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- The Right of Erasure of your personal data – this only applies in certain circumstances, such as where you have given consent for us to hold information and you withdraw that consent.
- The Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you have the right to block or restrict how we process your data;
- The Right to data portability – which in certain circumstances allows you to obtain obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The Right to object - in certain circumstances, to the processing of personal data. In particular you have the right to object to being sent direct marketing information.
- The Right not to be subject to automated decision making – Plymouth Community Homes does not do this
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively, you can make a request electronically, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a complaint
If you believe that Plymouth Community Homes has not handled your personal information correctly you have the right to make a complaint to:
Head of Governance / Data Protection Officer
Plymouth Community Homes, Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
You also have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority (ICO at ico.org.uk) about our data processing activities.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Plymouth Community Homes collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests should be sent to the PCH Data Protection Officer at the above address.
If you or someone you know would like this information in large print, braille, or translated into another language, please contact our Communications Team on 0808 230 6500 or email email@example.com
Plymouth Community Homes Group
Registered Office: Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
Plymouth Community Homes Ltd is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (which consolidates the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts) and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration 30637R) and the Regulator of Social Housing (registration L4543).
At the time of issuing this Notice, Plymouth Community Homes Ltd has three wholly owned subsidiaries, Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd (PCHMS), company number 07001677, Plymouth Community Homes Regeneration Company Ltd (PCHR), company number 7272688 and Plymouth Community Homes Energy Ltd (PCHE), company number 8028170. All three subsidiaries are incorporated under the Companies Act 2006.
Tel: 0808 230 6500 / 01752 237990