Privacy Notice - Collection of Emergency Contact Details
Collection of Emergency Contact Details
Effective 25 May 2018
This Privacy Notice is being given to you because we have been provided with your emergency contact details to hold in our records in case of need.
At Plymouth Community Homes (PCH) we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and that data is used in accordance with the data protection legislation in force in England and Wales.
This privacy notice sets out why we collect personal information about you, how we use it and who we may share it with. It also explains your individual rights under the current data protection legislation.
If we ask you to provide information which can identify you, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this notice by updating it on our website. You should check the notice from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any queries regarding this notice and our privacy practices can be sent to the company Data Protection Officer by email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Head of Governance, who is also the Data Protection Officer at -
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively you can telephone us on 0808 230 6500
Who we are
Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a registered housing provider. Our registration number is 30637R. Our registered office is Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill Plymouth, PL6 5DH
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a Data Controller
Why we collect information
We process this personal data without your consent in pursuit of our legitimate interest to ensure we have contact information in case of an emergency situation. This protects the interests, health and well-being of the individuals who offered your details. Further information about how we have balanced our legitimate interests and yours is available on request at email@example.com
What information we collect about you
The information we may collect about you includes:
- Contact details in case of an emergency
- Your relationship with the individual
- We will ask if you are a key holder if you are the contact for a housing with support tenant
How we collect your information
Plymouth Community Homes asks for emergency contact details from the following individuals:
- Housing with support tenants
- Members of staff
- Board members
- Resident scrutiny team members
- Tenants regularly attending resident involvement events
What we do with it
We may use the information you give us:
- to contact you in the event of an emergency situation involving the individual who provided your information
- for internal record keeping
How long we keep your information
We will only store your information for as long as the individual has an active relationship with PCH or we are asked to delete it either by you or the individual who provided it.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information where we are legally obliged to do so or where the emergency situation requires us to do so.
We may therefore share your information with third parties such as:
- the police
- the NHS and Primary Care Trusts
- health professionals
- Care alarm monitoring company in the case of housing with support tenants
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process.
Whilst the majority of the IT systems that we use are based within the UK, PCH does use the following, which means that your data may be stored electronically outside of Europe.
- Survey Monkey
- Microsoft Cloud
- Cloudview Mobile CCTV
Your Rights in relation to your personal data
In certain circumstances, Data Protection legislation gives you a number of individual rights in relation to your personal data. These are as follows:
- The Right to be Informed about how your data is managed – this right is met by this privacy notice and a range of other notices which relate to specific aspects of PCH, such as the CCTV privacy notice and the website privacy notice.
- The Right of Access to your personal information – so that you can be aware of and verify what personal data we hold. Click here for details on how to apply for this right or ask us for more information.
- The Right of Rectification - to have any personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- The Right of Erasure of your personal data – this only applies in certain circumstances, such as where you have given consent for us to hold information and you withdraw that consent.
- The Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you have the right to block or restrict how we process your data;
- The Right to data portability – which in certain circumstances allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The Right to object - in certain circumstances, to the processing of personal data. In particular you have the right to object to being sent direct marketing information.
- The Right not to be subject automated decision making - Plymouth Community Homes does not do this.
More information on the individual rights and how they apply can be obtained by clicking here, by requesting a paper copy of our individual rights guidance information or you can visit the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact -
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively, you can make a request electronically, by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a complaint
If you believe that Plymouth Community Homes has not handled your personal information correctly you have the right to make a complaint. You can raise a complaint in a number of different ways:
- To a PCH staff member
- At our offices at Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
- Through our website
- Using social media
- At our shop at Frankfort Gate
- By telephone
- In writing
You also have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority (ICO at ico.org.uk) about our data processing activities.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Plymouth Community Homes collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests should be sent to the PCH Data Protection Officer at the above address.
If you or someone you know would like this information in large print, braille, or translated into another language, please contact our Communications Team on 0808 230 6500 or email email@example.com
Plymouth Community Homes Group
Registered Office: Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
Plymouth Community Homes Ltd is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (which consolidates the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts) and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration 30637R) and the Regulator of Social Housing (registration L4543).
At the time of issuing this Notice, Plymouth Community Homes Ltd has three wholly owned subsidiaries, Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd (PCHMS), company number 07001677, Plymouth Community Homes Regeneration Company Ltd (PCHR), company number 7272688 and Plymouth Community Homes Energy Ltd (PCHE), company number 8028170. All three subsidiaries are incorporated under the Companies Act 2006.
Tel: 0808 230 6500 / 01752 237990