If your home needs repair work you must report it immediately. We will carry out most of the repairs but some are your responsibility.
You can find out more information here:
If you give us your mobile number when you request a repair, we can text you reminders and a survey. Responding to the survey will be charged at your normal network rate, however it may not be included in your free text bundles.
How to report a repair:
You can now report repairs online using our online portal MyPCH.
Call our Contact Centre on 08082 306500 (7am to 5pm Monday to Friday). This number is free from landlines, charges from mobiles may vary. Our textphone number for the deaf and hard of hearing is 07899 848886.
At Plumer House or our shop in Frankfort Gate.
Plymouth Community Homes
What if you have an emergency?
If you have an emergency in normal working hours, call our Contact Centre on:
Outside normal working hours (5pm to 7am) and on Bank Holidays, call 0800 917 9459.
A duty officer will arrange to carry out an emergency repair until a full repair can be arranged. Completion of the repair will be carried out during normal working hours.
Some repairs are your responsibility. For a full list of repairs to help you work out which are your responsibility and which are ours, please refer to our Maintenance and Repairs leaflets in the related documents section on the right of your screen.
What information do you need to provide?
- Your name and address
- When you can provide access to your home so an appointment can be made
- A daytime phone number – this can be a mobile so that we can contact you to arrange to inspect or carry out the repair
- As much information about the repair so that we can arrange for the most suitable tradesperson
Our service standard
When dealing with repairs to your home the repair worker will:
- carry and display proof of their identity
- not smoke in your home
- be suitably dressed
- be tactful and polite
- respect your privacy and personal belongings
- use dust sheets and minimise disturbance to you
- arrange with you for the use of any services required
- try to avoid leaving an unfinished job and advise when they will return
- not leave equipment or materials in a dangerous or inconvenient position at your home
- arrange to remove any rubbish at the end of the day
When you become our tenant, you enter into a contract with us. As part of the contract (the tenancy), we will arrange to carry out most of the repairs to your home.
By law we must keep the structure and outside of your home in good repair, and maintain installations in your home which supply water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Some work to your home is carried out on a regular basis, called Cyclical and Planned work. This includes work like:
- painting the outside of homes
- servicing any gas appliances we have fitted
We will contact you to arrange an appointment when work is due.