How much is my home worth?
Once your application has been accepted PCH will arrange for your property to be valued by a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) valuer. We do not hold valuations of homes as these are only considered when we receive application.
We will then need to carry out further checks before being able to send you an offer letter with your valuation, discount and purchase price.
Can I get an estimated valuation of my home?
You can obtain an estimated valuation of your property with the assistance of Zoopla Estimate (choose Zoopla Estimate). Once you have an estimated valuation you can go to the government website to use the Right to Buy calculator to potentially see how much you can buy your home for. The Right to Acquire discount for Plymouth is fixed at £9,000 for 2020/21.
The actual valuation of your property may differ to the estimated valuation provided by Zoopla depending on the condition of your property, the construction type of your property and any future works predicted that you may need to contribute towards.
Once you have an estimate value and you have considered the potential discount, it is worth speaking to an Independent Financial Adviser to see if you can afford to buy your home as well as the costs of maintenance before applying.
What documents do I need to provide when I apply?
Fill out the relevant application form and declaration form.
Provide the following for all applicants:
- a colour copy of all applicants ID (either photo driving licence or passport) which is in date
- relevant certificate(s) if your name has changed and hasn’t been updated on the PCH systems
- a document showing proof of address and legal name
- for tenants: 1 document for each person dated in the last 3 months
- for spouse of tenants: 1 document dated in the last 3 months and a copy of your marriage certificate
- for family members: 1 document from 13 months ago, a document every 3 months since and a document within the last month. We may also need to see evidence of your relationship to the tenant.
Please contact us if you will be unable to supply any of the documents above prior to submitting your application.
If you do not submit your application form and declaration form in full, signed and dated, along with the relevant ID and proof of address documents, we will not be able to accept your application.