Learn for Free
Learn for Free is a free training programme for PCH residents
There are three parts of Learn for Free to make it easier to find the right activity for you. The three parts of Learn for Free are:
- Get Skilled. Supporting you to get qualifications and useful skills for your work and home life.
- Get Involved. Giving you advice and expertise in involvement within your community and PCH.
- Get Together. Helping you to enjoy a new interest or hobby with other residents.
Take a look through our Learn for Free overview which outlines the programme.
If you would like to take part in any of these activities, email us with a brief description of the activity you would like to join. You can also call us on 0808 230 6500.
Courses coming soon
- 3 November: Domestic Abuse Awareness session (Online via Zoom)
- 12 November: Domestic Abuse Awareness session (In-person)
- 17 November: Cooking together (In-person)
- 22 November: Craft Club (In-person)
- 8 December: CITB Health & Safety (In-person)
- 14 December: Creative writing workshop (In-person)
- 20 December: Craft club (In-person)
- 18 January: Creative writing workshop (In-person)
- 19 January: Introduction to Equality & Diversity (In-person)
- 24 January: Craft club (In-person)
- 26 January: Cooking Together (In-person)
Positive People Confidence and Motivational Courses
Nov - Dec: Online or Live Delivery at Engage Hall
Every Tuesday from 7 November to 7 December
9:30am to 12:00pm
For more information, contact Dave Street - email@example.com
Participants must be 25+ and not in any paid work
Be the first to hear about new courses
Click here to sign up to receive information on training opportunities and more information about the regular Learn for Free programme. You can unsubscribe at any time in writing.
Can I just turn up?
You can come along on the day to our drop in groups: craft, computer club, photography and history. However, our courses are popular, so you must book a place to avoid disappointment.
I have booked a place but I can no longer attend, what should I do?
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel your place. Although the courses are free for residents to attend, the places have been paid for by PCH. If you cannot attend, your place can be given to someone on the waiting list or cancelled in advance to avoid unnecessary charges.
Who can attend?
Learn for Free courses are free for PCH residents. This includes; tenants, household members and leaseholders who are living in their properties. On occasion, courses may be shared with other Housing Associations, or volunteers for PCH groups may attend, so there may be non-PCH residents on your course.
What does it cost to attend?
Nothing! It’s free to attend. Your fuel or bus fare will also be refunded on arrival, as long as you have a valid bus ticket, and a taxi can be provided if a bus is not suitable.
I have childcare arrangements, what can I do?
If you need to pay for additional childcare while attending a course, you can be refunded for this additional charge, as long as you have a receipt and this is agreed in advance.
Do I need to bring my own food?
All courses include tea, coffee and water. Full day courses running over lunchtime include a light lunch. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements when confirming your place.
Looking for something else?
Please let us know if you are interested in a specific training event or topic that you can’t see here.
To find out more or book a course call 0808 230 6500 or email us.