Help and advice


Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions

No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind should the worst happen.

We do not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement or lease so it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for to make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Specialist insurance scheme for social and affordable housing

We have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist tenants’ contents insurance policies. The National Housing Federation My Home Contents Insurance Scheme is a specialist insurance scheme provided by Thistle Tenant Risks and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.

Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How to apply

Complete an application form and email it to us or send it to Plymouth Community Homes, Finance Department, Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH.

Buildings insurance

We have building insurance on all of our blocks which covers the structure of the property and any fixtures and fittings.

Buildings insurance also covers flats which are owned by leaseholders and shared owners.

Tenants, leaseholders and shared owners will need to arrange contents insurance separately as this is not covered in the buildings insurance.

You can find more information on buildings insurance on our dedicated leaseholder and shared owner sections.

Accessibility Chat Feedback Back to top


Thank you for subscribing.

If you wish to unsubscribe you can select the unsubscribe link in the first email you receive.