Mutual exchange

Are you  looking for a new home? PCH residents can use our mutual exchange service. 

Did you know that you can exchange your home with another PCH resident, a Council or another registered housing provider. 

To start your journey you will need to apply at HomeSwapper which is a national service where you can find other people who are looking to move.

HomeSwapper has lots of tips on how to find someone to swap with and is free to use for everyone.

Once you have signed up to this service we will approve your account and you can start searching!

Typically people use this service to:

  • Move to a bigger or a smaller home
  • Move to a different part of the country
  • Move to a different part of Plymouth

Once you have found someone to swap with you will both need to complete our Mutual Exchange application form and send it to us at

We may refuse an exchange if you do not meet certain conditions.

Before applying it is always worth making sure that: 

  • You do not owe us money
  • You have an Assured tenancy (issued after your first 12 months in a home)
  • The property you want to move to meets your needs. For example if you do not use a wheelchair you would not be able to swap to a property with a walk in shower

 If you have any questions on Mutual Exchanges please contact us on 08082 306 500.

To apply simply go to the HomeSwapper website.