Together with Tenants
Together With Tenants – building stronger relationships
Together with Tenants is a national project led by the National Housing Federation that aims to balance the relationship between residents and social landlords to give residents a stronger voice.
We have been working with our residents, through a series of focus groups and surveys to gain their views about the Together with Tenants draft plan and Charter.
Plymouth Community Homes has been taking a lead role, as one of a small number of Early Adopter Housing Associations, working with residents to consult on the four-point-plan and the Together With Tenants Charter.
This plan includes:
- The National Housing Federation Code of Governance to ensure that Boards are accountable to residents
- A new Together with Tenants Charter
- Residents to monitor our progress against the Charter
- Giving residents a stronger voice with the Regulator
The six commitments in the Charter are:
- Relationships: Housing associations will treat all residents with respect in all of their interactions. Relationships between residents and housing associations will be based on openness, honesty and transparency.
- Communication: Residents will receive clear, accessible and timely information from their housing association on the issues that matter to them, including important information about their homes and local community, how the organisation is working to address problems, how the organisation is run, and information about performance on key issues.
- Voice and influence: Housing associations will seek and value the views of residents, and will use this information to inform decisions. Every individual resident will feel listened to by their housing association on the issues that matter to them and can speak without fear.
- Accountability: Collectively, residents will work in partnership with their housing association to independently scrutinise and hold their housing association to account for the decisions that affect the quality of their homes and services.
- Quality: Residents can expect their homes to be good quality, well maintained, safe and well managed.
- When things go wrong: Residents will have simple and accessible routes for raising issues, making complaints and seeking redress. Residents will receive timely advice and support when things go wrong.
Over the next few months we will be talking to our Board about adopting the final version of the plan and Charter. It’s our intention that PCH will adopt the Charter and the agree with our tenants how we will be held to account against the Charter commitments.
To get involved with these discussions please contact the Communities Team on FREEPHONE 0808 230 6500 or email email@example.com
If you want to find out more about the National Together With Tenants campaign please visit: https://www.housing.org.uk/our-work/together-with-tenants/