Privacy Notice - Licensees of Garages, Parking Spaces and Cages
Effective 25 May 2018
At Plymouth Community Homes (PCH) we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, and that data is used in accordance with the data protection legislation in force in England and Wales.
This privacy notice sets out why we collect personal information from you, how we use it and who we may share it with. It also explains your individual rights under the current data protection legislation.
If we ask you to provide information which can identify you, then we will only use it in accordance with this privacy notice.
We may change this notice by updating it on our website. You should check the notice from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Any queries regarding this notice and our privacy practices can be sent to the company Data Protection Officer by email using firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the Head of Governance, who is also the Data Protection Officer at -
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively you can telephone us on 0808 230 6500
Who we are
Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a registered housing provider. Our registration number is 30637R. Our registered office is Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill Plymouth, PL6 5DH.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Plymouth Community Homes Limited is a Data Controller
Why we collect information
We collect and process your information because you have entered into, or wish to enter into a licence agreement for one of our garages, parking spaces or cages. This is the legal basis for processing your information and carrying out our activities.
We need your information for rent charge billing and to contact you about any issues regarding your garage, parking space or cage, such as maintenance and repairs.
What information we collect about you
We will collect the following information from you:
- Date of birth
- Telephone numbers
- E mail address
- Bank account details to set up rental payments
How we collect your information
Most of this information will already be held by Plymouth Community Homes in connection with your tenancy if you are an existing tenant.
Alternatively it may be supplied by you when you first apply to become a licence holder, or if you notify us of any changes to your personal details.
What we do with it
We may use the information you give us:
- to fulfil our obligations under the licence agreement as your landlord
- to collect rent payments
- to notify you of any changes in rent payments
- to advise you about any proposed major works
- to contact you about maintenance and repairs
- for internal record keeping
- to enforce your obligations under the licence agreement
How long we keep your information
We will only retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to fulfil the purposes set out in this guide, or for a maximum of six years after you cease to have a relationship with us, or if we are in dispute with you until legal proceedings have ended, whichever is longer. We will then securely dispose of your information.
Sharing your information
We will only share your information where we are legally obliged to do so, for example:
- to comply with the law (e.g. police, health authorities, inland revenue, government departments)
- to seek legal advice or in connection with court proceedings
- where there is a clear health and safety risk
- child protection and safeguarding issues
- where there is a clear risk to yourself, staff and others
- for the detection and prevention of crime, prosecution of offenders and for the detection and prevention of fraud
We may share your information with third parties from time to time, such as:
- Local authority
- Legal Advisors, the courts and our insurers and auditors
- Contractors providing repairs and maintenance
- Language translation services
- Utility companies
- A nominated third party where you have given us your permission
- Organisations to carry out payments through a secure service (e.g. to set up a direct debit)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process.
Whilst the majority of the IT systems that we use are based within the UK, PCH may use the following, which means that your data may be stored electronically outside of Europe.
- Microsoft Cloud
- Cloudview Mobile CCTV
Your Rights in relation to your personal data
In certain circumstances, data protection legislation gives you a number of individual rights in relation to your personal data. These are as follows:
- The Right to be Informed about how your data is managed – this right is met by this privacy notice and a range of other notices which relate to specific aspects of PCH, such as the CCTV privacy notice and the website privacy notice.
- The Right of Access to your personal information – so that you can be aware of and verify what personal data we hold. Click here for details on how to apply for this right or ask us for more information.
- The Right of Rectification - to have any personal data corrected if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- The Right of Erasure of your personal data – this only applies in certain circumstances, such as where you have given consent for us to hold information and you withdraw that consent.
- The Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances you have the right to block or restrict how we process your data;
- The Right to data portability – which in certain circumstances allows you to obtain obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The Right to object - in certain circumstances, to the processing of personal data. In particular you have the right to object to being sent direct marketing information.
- The Right not to be subject to automated decision making – Plymouth Community Homes does not do this
More information on the individual rights and how they apply can be obtained by clicking here, by requesting a paper copy of our individual rights guidance information or you can visit the ICO website
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact:
Plymouth Community Homes
Alternatively, you can make a request electronically, by email, to email@example.com. or telephone the Governance Team on 01752 388134 or 388152
Making a complaint
If you believe that Plymouth Community Homes has not handled your personal information correctly you have the right to make a complaint. You can raise a complaint in a number of different ways:
- To a PCH staff member
- At our offices at Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
- Through our website
- Using social media
- At our shop at Frankfort Gate
- By telephone
- In writing
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office at.
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow,
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Plymouth Community Homes collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests should be sent to the PCH Data Protection Officer at the above address.
If you or someone you know would like this information in large print, braille, or translated into another language, please contact our Communications Team on 0808 230 6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Plymouth Community Homes Group
Registered Office: Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH
Plymouth Community Homes Ltd is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (which consolidates the Industrial and Provident Societies Acts) and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration 30637R) and the Regulator of Social Housing (registration L4543).
At the time of issuing this Notice, Plymouth Community Homes Ltd has three wholly owned subsidiaries, Plymouth Community Homes Manufacturing Services Ltd (PCHMS), company number 07001677, Plymouth Community Homes Regeneration Company Ltd (PCHR), company number 7272688 and Plymouth Community Homes Energy Ltd (PCHE), company number 8028170. All three subsidiaries are incorporated under the Companies Act 2006.
Tel: 0808 230 6500 / 01752 237990