There’s lots of ways to get involved and have your say, and you can spend as little or as much time as you want
- In your area
- To make change
- Resident involvement expenses
Drop in sessions
Visit the Housing Officer and team in your area during a drop in session. There's no need to book and you can visit any time during the session hours.
- Southway Community Centre: 10am to 12pm on 28 September, 23 October and 21 November
- Four Greens Community Centre, Whitleigh: 2pm to 4pm on 21 September, 2 November and 14 December
- Estover ELM Centre: coming soon - more details to follow.
- Plympton Rees Centre: coming soon - more details to follow.
- Leigham Community Hall: coming soon - more details to follow.
- St Ayden’s Church, Ernesettle: Last Thursday of the month between 10am and 1pm
- St Budeaux Library: Last Thursday of the month between 2pm and 4pm
- The Beacon, North Prospect: every Wednesday morning
- Salvation Army building on the Barbican: once a month.
- Tavy House Community Room, Mount Wise Towers, Devonport: 11am to 1pm every Thursday with games, tea and toast.
- Marlborough House, Devonport: 12pm to 1pm every Tuesday
- Claremont Street Community Room, Stonehouse: 1pm to 3pm fortnightly on a Monday
- The Lighthouse Project, Community Centre, Liskeard: coming soon - more details to follow.
- Leadworks, 170 Rendle Street, Stonehouse, PL1 1TP: first Tuesday of the month, 12pm to 3pm.
Tell us what you think of your area and what we can improve by joining us on our estate walkabouts with your local Housing Officer.
We want all our residents to live within neighbourhoods that are safe, clean and attractive and we’d like you to work with us to make sure yours is well maintained.
This is an opportunity to show us something on your street or block that may need improving. This can be at a time and date that suits you.
We look for abandoned vehicles, fly tipping, graffiti, and check the general condition of communal areas and the land around where you live. We then report any issues and work with our colleagues in other departments to monitor them.
Join us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0808 230 6500 to speak to your Housing Team.
Events and projects
We work with partners and community groups to provide local projects, activities and initiatives. We want our communities to be places where people enjoy living and help our residents to achieve their goals.
We can work with you to organise a fun day, a trip or a longer project.
Come along to a group session with other residents and members of staff to give your views and ideas for one of our services.
A chance for you to talk about the local issues that are affecting you and your neighbours. We can help with setting up, grants, advice and guidance where needed. There are a number of groups which provide social activities.
Make a Difference days
One off days that bring local residents, staff and other organisations together to clean up neighbourhoods and talk about local issues.
Funding can be provided to support this.
We run a range of hobby and learning groups where residents can learn new skills and make new friends. There are weekly Maths, English, crafts, computer skills, photography and gadget clubs held at our head office, Plumer House.
Complete our consultation surveys online. They're quick and easy, and will ask you to comment on an area of our services.
Text and email
Sign up to receive information via text and email and give us your feedback at your convenience.
Help us to make sure the information we share with residents is clear and easy to understand by reviewing and testing.
Be part of our team of residents who test our services. You can give feedback on the services we provide you, and take part in training to run focus groups with other residents and our staff.
Join our Board
As a Board Member you will be involved in key decisions that will affect PCH and our residents across the city.
Join the Customer Focus Committee
The Customer Focus Committee supports the Board by looking at resident related issues such as our policies and procedures.
Design and carry-out in depth reviews focused on a particular service delivery area. Help us to learn what we’re doing well and what can be improved.
Spends and saves
Residents help us to decide which contractors we use. We provide training so you can help us with shortlisting, interviewing companies and site visits.
We recognise the importance of residents being involved in decisions that affect their homes and lives. We want to encourage involvement and out-of pocket expenses can deter residents from becoming involved. We will reimburse genuine out-of-pocket expenses incurred as a result of involvement.
Read our Residents Expenses Policy which sets out when we will reimburse expenses, and what is needed in order to claim.
Complete the Residents Expenses Claim form in order to make a claim for expenses and send it to the Communities Team.